Calabrian Pasta was born from the passion for a land and its products, and from the desire to bring on the tables the gastronomic specialties of a region, Calabria, rich in traditions, tastes and flavors. ‘Nduja, hot peppers, Sila potatoes, Tropea red onion, black pork, porcini mushrooms, are just some of the extraordinary flavors that can be encountered while wandering around Calabria. Calabrian Pasta has collected these products, enhancing their taste, and enclosing them in a casket of pasta, made of durum wheat flour and flours of Calabrian origin, processed with pure water that flows into the Sila Piccola at over 1400 meters above sea level. The result is a typical, artisanal, tasty, unique product. We carefully choose the ingredients we use for our pasta, all of the highest quality, in order to obtain a product of excellence. With freezing, we keep all the flavors, aromas and sensations of an entire region.
The ingredients are all at Km 0, all produced and selected in Calabria, where it is possible to work them in the same day and we prefer to choose them between BIO, DOP or IGP:
– Flour and durm wheat flour used are of Calabrian origin
– The water used naturally flows at over 1400 meters in the Sila mountains, a short distance from the area where there is cleanest air in Europe, perhaps even in the world
– Ricotta is produced by Calabrian dairies, with traditional methods
– The Red Onion comes strictly from Tropea, home of this inimitable natural product
– The ‘Nduja comes strictly from Spilinga, the world capital of this unique product
– Potatoes come from the Calabrian Sila
– Porcini mushrooms are processed and selected with care and experience in Calabria
– The eggs, where used, are all of Calabrian origin
– The oil used is extra virgin olive oil, BIO and 100% Calabrian
The fillings are the heart of our product, nad they are wrapped in a dough obtained from a bronze drawn sheet, at low temperature, which gives it the right roughness and porosity. Once produced, we decided to freeze the pasta in order to naturally preserve all the flavors and aromas we gave it during the processing phase. Furthermore, frozen pasta manages to have a longer storage time (18 months), with advantages both in the storage and processing phases.