Roots and values
CASCINA FONTANE represents the success story of a family business born in Piedmont, in the hills of ALTA LANGA, a land cultivated with toil and passion on the border with Liguria.
We, at Cascina Fontane, have been preserving the roots of the “knowledge“ and the flavours of these hills, the hills of our family.
The main stages:
Early twentieth century
Great-grandfather LORENZO BOFFANO bought the Cascina Fontane
End of twentieth century
Grandfather Carlofranco sensed that the time had come to change and replaced vines, wheat and hay with hazelnut trees, planting this new treasure of nature on the ridge between Valle Belbo and Valle Bormida in an area particularly suited for microclimate and organoleptic characteristics of the soil for the cultivation of PIEDMONT HAZELNUTS IGP DELLE LANGHE, the best hazelnut in the world.
2016 – 2021
In this place of affection and loyalty to tradition, Cristina Boffano has kept the promise she made to her grandfather: not to waste that history marked by work, tradition, patience and innovation. With the help of her father Lorenzo, she created Cascina Fontane, the fulfilment of the dream of four generations now turned into reality and, for the first time, led by a female member of the family.
Capable and persevering, Cristina, born in 1984 and graduated from the University of Gastronomic Sciences of Pollenzo has been able to hold hands with the past returning it to the future.
Under her guidance, Cascina Fontane has undergone a rapid growth that has turned it into a company ready to establish itself on the market.
- QUALITY: through the verticalization and control of the entire production
- PRODUCT FRESHNESS: just in time production (5 days from order to shipment)
- CUSTOMIZATION: individual roasting levels, special products, private labels
- ECO-SUSTAINABILITY: we don’t use any chemical herbicide.
20 hectares (15 owned) with an average annual harvest of over 50 tons.
Daily laboratory productivity: 300kg, with two product lines:
- FOOD SERVICE: toasted hazelnuts, flour, grain and hazelnut paste and spreadable creams for the HO.RE.CA channel, artisanal ice cream and pastry makers
- RETAIL for specialty stores and selected GDO chain
- Artisanal ice cream and pastry shops located in the main European countries
- GDO chain as ESSELUNGA
- Italian chefs, including the prestigious 3 Michelin stars DA VITTORIO of Brusaporto (BG) and several others who have one or two Michelin stars
510.000€ (40% export) in Germany France, Northern Europe, USA (FDA registered).
4 Winerhunter Gold Awards at the Merano Wine Festival 2020.
The Consortium for the Protection of Piedmont Hazelnut I.G.P.
CASCINA FONTANE COMPANY BROCHURE
PRODUCTS CATALOG AND PRICE LIST
5.1 CASCINA FONTANE PIEDMONT HAZELNUT IGP FLOUR TECH SHEETS
5.2 CASCINA FONTANE PIEDMONT HAZELNUT IGP GRAIN TECH SHEETS
5.3 CASCINA FONTANE PIEDMONT HAZELNUT IGP AND CHOCOLATE TECH SHEETS
5.4 CASCINA FONTANE ROASTED PIEDMONT HAZELNUT IGP TECH SHEETS
5.5 CASCINA FONTANE ROASTED PIEDMONT HAZELNUT IGP PASTE TECH SHEETS
5.6 CASCINA FONTANE ROASTED PIEDMONT HAZELNUT IGP GIANDUJA SPREAD TECH SHEETS
5.7 CASCINA FONTANE ROASTED PIEDMONT HAZELNUT IGP COCOA SPREAD TECH SHEETS.pdf
5.8 CASCINA FONTANE ROASTED PIEDMONT HAZELNUT IGP AND SALT TECH SHEETS