MEDITERRANEA FOODS is a dynamic manufacturing and trading company located in the very south of Italy where the sun shines nearly all year round. The environment in which this company operates is an harmonious combination among different conditions, from the climate to the landscape and the people.
This company was born in 1993, when Antonino, the founder, whose family has been involved in agriculture for at least a century, decided to turn the family conventional farm into an organic one.
Over the next 28 years, this company has gained experience at different levels in the organic field building up a network of producers that makes MEDITERRANEA FOODS today an experienced production and trading company in the Mediterranean organic specialties coming only from Italian cultivations.
We work with a system of sustainability, transparency and fairness along the whole chain from producer to customer, to ensure our organic products possessing organoleptic and quality characteristics which are always the same, several times. Chemical and microbiological tests are carried out by the qualified personnel of both interior and external modern laboratories. We are also certified:
- BRC/IFS Global Standard for Food Safety;
- Demeter, accredited body for biodynamic agriculture certification;
- ICEA Italian accredited body for organic certification;
- Friend of the Sea (FOS) is a main international certification project for products originating from both sustainable fisheries and aquaculture, whose mission is to conserve the marine habitat.
Our brands are:
Bio Oleificio San Francesco:
fruity and Mild Tasted Top Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil Demeter certified produced through our own milling facility. First biodynamic Project all over Calabria.
PRINCIPE DI GERACE:
this brand includes a range of several REFERENCES :
- Fruity and Intense Tasted Premium Quality Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil obtained exclusively from our family olive trees;
- 8 flavoured versions of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Bergamot, Lemon, Chili, Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Garlic, White Truffle)
- Vegetable Specialties: Olives in brine, Olives Paste, Artichokes Creams;
- Balsamic Vinegar from Modena GPI;
- Fish Specialties in Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Anchovies in several preparations and Tuna fillets.
- Pasta (Durum Wheat Semolina “Cappelli variety”)
- Chickpeas (Demeter certified).
delicate and Sweet tasted Extra Virgin Olive Oil obtained from the selection of the best olives coming exclusively from all over Calabria.